By Craig Hockenberry
Creating iPhone Apps with Cocoa contact: The Mini lacking guide walks you thru constructing your first iPhone App and introduces you on your programming environments and instruments: Cocoa contact, Interface Builder, Xcode, and the Objective-C programming language. in case you are a Java or C developer, this book is your speedy song to App improvement.
This book is tailored from elements of iPhone App improvement: The lacking Manual.
By Foust B.
Make the most your BlackBerry for all its worthy. cellular advisor to BlackBerry is predicated at the services of the BlackBerry and expertise authority, cellular journal. This step by step consultant is going well-beyond the BlackBerry 7100 and 7200 owner's guide. With assistance from the writer, BlackBerry evangelist and BlackBerry developer book contributor invoice Foust, it is possible for you to to configure and customise your BlackBerry gadget to make sure and maximize usability and productiveness. you are going to how to: * Configure and customise your BlackBerry * ship and obtain textual content and e-mail messages * Set alarms and reminders to maintain you on time table * Browse the net any time, at any place * set up and use add-on functions comparable to rate trackers or interactive video games This quickly and concise technique will lessen your frustration as you study all approximately your BlackBerry. become aware of hidden initiatives that your BlackBerry is able to and get the main from your BlackBerry with assistance from cellular advisor to BlackBerry.
By Corey Sandler
Enhance your BlackBerry app person adventure with this full-color guide!
With millions of BlackBerry apps to be had for enterprise clients at the pass, how do you even start to filter out via them to discover those that top fit your wishes? You don’t have to—Brilliant BlackBerry Apps For Dummies does the give you the results you want! This fascinating full-color advisor covers hundreds of thousands of the simplest, such a lot crucial, and finest purposes conducive to bolstering your productiveness and embellishing your BlackBerry person adventure. detect which apps can placed a global of data at your fingertips!
- Filters via thousands of BlackBerry purposes to provide you with those that may serve you best
- Provides the lowdown at the such a lot crucial apps for expanding your productiveness and embellishing your BlackBerry experience
- Reveals guidance and methods for purchasing the main out of every program and customizing your BlackBerry to fit your needs
- Saves you effort and time by way of doing the learn for you and giving you the simplest apps within the parts of commercial, finance, reference, activities, commute, social networking, leisure, information, nutrition, nutrients, video games, health, and more
Brilliant BlackBerry Apps For Dummies eliminates the pits and filters out the seeds to offer you with the simplest BlackBerry apps for elevated productiveness at the go!
By Jessica Thornsby
- Take an preliminary notion for an Android app and strengthen it right into a designated plan, supported through sketches and wireframes
- Provide a greater adventure to your clients by means of following top practices and the hot fabric layout principles
- Work extra successfully and retailer time by way of trying out your rules at an early degree through construction a prototype
Great layout is among the key drivers within the adoption of recent functions, but regrettably layout concerns are usually missed within the face of "will it work," "can we make it quicker," or "can we get extra humans utilizing it"?
This ebook seeks to redress this stability by means of displaying you ways to get your PM to begin treating the layout section of your venture heavily. This publication is concentrated solely at the improvement of UI positive factors, and you will be capable of virtually imposing the layout practices that we extol through the book.
Starting by means of in brief outlining many of the components you want to take note of while development a UI, you are going to study the suggestions of Android consumer Interface from scratch. We then stream directly to formulate a plan on how one can enforce those options in a variety of purposes. we'll deep dive into how UI beneficial properties are carried out in real-world purposes the place UIs are advanced and dynamic.
This publication bargains close to whole assurance of UI-specific content material together with, perspectives, fragments, the wireframing method, and the way so as to add in splash screens-everything you must make expert normal UIs for contemporary functions. it's going to then disguise fabric layout and enable you to enforce Google's layout aesthetic in a realistic demeanour. ultimately, it guarantees the absolute best consumer adventure via interpreting the UI utilizing numerous instruments, after which addressing any difficulties they uncover.
By the tip of the ebook, you will leverage the thoughts of Android consumer Interface on your functions as a way to allure new customers.
What you are going to learn
- Develop a consumer interface that clings to the entire center fabric layout principles
- Transform your preliminary app inspiration right into a concrete and distinctive plan
- Add perspectives, ViewGroups, layouts, and customary UI parts for your personal Android projects
- Use fragments and diverse thoughts to collect person input
- Create a brand new Android Studio venture and boost it right into a prototype
- Identify and remedy issues of your app's UI to convey a greater consumer experience
About the Author
Jessica Thornsby studied poetry, prose, and script writing at Bolton college prior to researching the realm of open resource and technical writing, and hasn't ever regarded again considering. this present day, she is a technical author and full-time Android fanatic living in sunny Sheffield, England.
She enjoys writing approximately rooting and flashing cellular units, Java, Eclipse, and all issues Android and Google. while now not wordsmithing approximately expertise and obsessing concerning the most recent Android advancements, she retains a weblog approximately her neighborhood nutrition scene, and writes approximately taking care of unique pets. at the infrequent events that she's dragged clear of her computing device, she enjoys beer gardens, curry homes, the good British beach, frightening video clips, and spending plenty of time together with her condo rabbits and chinchillas.
By Richard Wagner
This publication used to be a superb commence for whatever i hope to do regularly, iPhone improvement.
By Bill Hughes
Colorful consultant to getting extra from your Galaxy S smartphone!
Now that you have got your new Galaxy S telephone, you have to determine tips on how to use it! if you are baffled via the expertise and the documentation, this e-book can assist. Written within the enjoyable yet transparent and thorough For Dummies sort, this e-book solutions your entire questions. you will discover out the best way to do the entire enjoyable stuff: texting, social networking, utilizing the digicam, tips to watch video clips, and extra. and you can additionally find out how to deal with the "housekeeping": synching your telephone together with your computer, utilizing enterprise functions, downloading apps, getting access to the calendar, what all of the widgets suggest, and lots more and plenty more.
- Helps you wake up to hurry on any Samsung Galaxy S phone, together with the Fascinate, Epic, Captivate, shiny, and different Galaxy S phones
- Clarifies the fundamentals of ways to exploit the telephone, how the expertise works, tips on how to configure every little thing, and the way to make it absolutely yours
- Delivers an entire slate of how-tos, methods, positive aspects, and methods, all in complete color
- Covers setup and configuration, texting, e-mailing, taking and sharing images, taking part in video games, procuring and fitting apps, own and company apps, and more
- Includes pointers on profiting from multimedia features—games, song, videos, images, and more
You'll get gobs extra out of your Galaxy S with assistance from Samsung Galaxy S For Dummies.
By Jeffrey Hughes
Effortless to learn, effortless to appreciate, the publication covers all of the facets you must think about when you are beginning a brand new app or when you have already got it performed. this can be a must-buy, as plenty of builders imagine they need to begin advertising and marketing after the app is done, whereas actually there are numerous belongings you want to know before-hand. This publication covers all of it.
By Konstantinos Markantonakis, Keith Mayes
New generations of IT clients are more and more abstracted from the underlying units and structures that offer and shield their providers. therefore they could have little knowledge that they're significantly depending on the embedded defense units which are turning into pervasive in day-by-day sleek lifestyles. Secure clever Embedded units, systems and Applications presents a wide evaluation of the numerous safety and functional problems with embedded units, tokens, and their operation structures, systems and major functions. It additionally addresses a various diversity of industry/government tasks and concerns, whereas focusing strongly on technical and sensible defense matters.
The advantages and pitfalls of constructing and deploying functions that depend on embedded platforms and their safety performance are offered. A adequate point of technical element to help embedded platforms is supplied through the textual content, even though the publication is kind of readable for these looking know-how via an preliminary evaluation of the themes. This edited quantity advantages from the contributions of and educational specialists and is helping supply a cross-discipline assessment of the safety and functional matters for embedded structures, tokens, and structures. it's an awesome supplement to the sooner paintings, Smart playing cards Tokens, defense and Applications from an identical editors.
By Erica Sadun
“This e-book will be a cut price at ten instances its fee! while you're writing iPhone software program, it is going to prevent weeks of improvement time. Erica has incorporated dozens of crisp and transparent examples illustrating crucial iPhone improvement innovations and so on that exhibit lighting tricks going approach past Apple’s professional documentation.”
–Tim Burks, iPhone software program Developer, TootSweet Software
“Erica Sadun’s technical services lives as much as the Addison-Wesley identify. The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook is a finished walkthrough of iPhone improvement that might support an individual out, from newbies to more matured builders. Code samples and screenshots support punctuate the varied suggestions and methods during this book.”
–Jacqui Cheng, affiliate Editor, Ars Technica
“We make our dwelling scripting this stuff and but i'm humbled by means of Erica’s command of her material and how she offers the cloth: pleasantly casual, then very correctly special technically. this can be a going to be the Petzold e-book for iPhone developers.”
–Daniel Pasco, Lead Developer and CEO, Black Pixel Luminance
“The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook should be the 1st source for the start iPhone programmer, and is the easiest supplemental fabric to Apple’s personal documentation.”
–Alex C. Schaefer, Lead Programmer, ApolloIM, iPhone software improvement expert, MeLLmo, Inc.
“Erica’s booklet is a really nice source for Cocoa contact builders. This booklet is going a long way past the documentation on Apple’s site, and she or he contains tools that provide the developer a deeper figuring out of the iPhone OS, via permitting them to glimpse at what’s occurring behind the curtain in this significant cellular platform.”
–John Zorko, Sr. software program Engineer, cellular Devices
“I’ve chanced on this ebook to be a useful source for these occasions while i have to speedy seize a brand new notion and stroll away with a operating block of code. Erica has a magnificent wisdom of the iPhone platform, is a grasp at describing technical details, and gives a compendium of fine code examples.”
–John Muchow, three Sixty software program, LLC; founder, iPhoneDeveloperTips.com
“This publication is the main entire advisor if you'd like coding for the iPhone, overlaying from the fundamentals to the most recent and coolest applied sciences. I outfitted numerous functions some time past, yet I nonetheless realized an important quantity from this publication. it's a must-have for each iPhone developer.”
–Roberto Gamboni, software program Engineer, AT&T Interactive
“It’s infrequent that developer cookbooks can either supply reliable recipes and strong dialogue of basic concepts, yet Erica Sadun's booklet manages to do either very well.”
–Jeremy McNally, Developer, entp
Want to start development purposes for Apple’s iPhone and iPod contact? Already construction iPhone purposes and wish to get well at it? this is often the single ebook that brings jointly all of the specialist guidance–and the code–you’ll desire!
Completely revised and elevated to hide the iPhone 3.0 SDK, The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook is the fundamental source for builders construction apps for the iPhone and iPod contact. Taking you extra than earlier than, this re-creation begins out with an creation to Objective-C 2.0 for builders who will be new to the platform. You’ll know about Xcode and Interface Builder and the way to arrange and configure your iPhone Developer account. extra highlights of this new version include:
utilizing the iPhone SDK’s visible sessions and controllers to layout and customise interfaces
utilizing gestures, touches, and different refined iPhone interface capabilities
profiting from tables, perspectives, view controllers, and animations
Alerting clients with development bars, audio pings, prestige bar updates, and different indicators
utilizing new Push Notifications to ship indicators, no matter if your app is operating or not
enjoying audio and video with the MediaKit
operating with the handle e-book, middle place, and Sensors
Connecting to the web, internet providers, and networks
Embedding versatile maps with MapKit and Google cellular Maps
development multiplayer video games with GameKit
utilizing center information to construct data-driven applications
promoting add-on content material and providers with In-App procuring utilizing StoreKit
development available apps with Accessibility Plus
The certain layout of The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook presents the code you must create feature-rich functions that leverage the most recent positive aspects of the iPhone 3.0 SDK. Over 30,000 iPhone builders became to the 1st variation of The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook. So should still you!
By Suzanne Ginsburg
With over 150,000 apps within the App shop, it has develop into more and more demanding for app designers and builders to distinguish their apps. the times are gone while it was once attainable to crank out an app over the weekend and refine it after receiving a number of now not so flattering consumer studies. clients now have offerings -- plenty of them. in the event that your app is hard to take advantage of or doesn’t meet their wishes, discovering one other one is simply a faucet away.
to demonstrate, reflect on the ever-growing box of Twitter consumers. There are 1000's of adaptations within the App shop yet just a handful stand proud of the pack (such as Tweetie or Twitterific). for many apps, it boils all the way down to something: the consumer adventure. a similar is right for numerous different different types in the App shop; well-designed apps usually tend to allure and preserve clients. in fact there are different severe points of iPhone app improvement: the coding, the promoting, the buyer help. the entire parts needs to come jointly.
Designing the iPhone consumer adventure can assist you take on the consumer event a part of the iPhone problem. 3 key topics may be strengthened during the ebook: understand thy person, the layout Lifecycle, and a spotlight to element:
- Know Thy consumer thousands of individuals depend upon iPhone apps to get them to paintings, locate their subsequent meal, and remain involved with friends and family. execs of every kind additionally depend upon iPhone apps: medical professionals lookup drug interactions; photographers fine-tune lighting fixtures; cyclists locate the easiest routes. to really know how your apps can healthy into their lives, designers and builders needs to find out how clients do issues at the present time, what’s very important to them, and what wishes haven't been met. half II, creation to consumer examine , will introduce a number of consumer examine equipment.
- The layout Lifecycle Award-winning designs not often ensue in a single day; and they in basic terms ensue after many rigorous layout cycles. to demonstrate this element, give some thought to united states modern-day iPhone software, which went via at the least seven iterations for the thing view of their app. all these iterations should still occur earlier than you release your app, because it will retailer useful money and time, let alone the complications a nasty layout may well create in your consumer. extra importantly, you'll simply have one likelihood to provoke your clients -- you don't want to promote them half-baked rules. half III, constructing your App proposal , will clarify the way to iteratively layout and attempt your app ideas.
- Attention to aspect such a lot pros recognize that focus to element is necessary, yet 1000's of apps fail to include even the main easy layout ideas. This loss of cognizance isn't really basically a cultured factor (which is critical) it additionally impacts the best way apps functionality. for instance, a information article with no right alignment could be tricky to learn, and a poorly rendered icon may be difficult to interpret. Apps with a razor sharp cognizance to aspect will stand out simply because their apps will glance stable and practice good. half IV, Refining your App inspiration , will make it easier to make on your app shine, from visible layout and branding to accessibility and localization.
gaining knowledge of those 3 components may help set your app except the group. you could now not have an award-winning app over evening. yet figuring out your clients, iterative layout, and a spotlight to aspect are very important first steps.